Sunday, May 22, 2011

Kentucky and Abby!

The other week I spent Thursday to Tuesday with the Baxter family in Kentucky. My very good friend, Abby, is leaving next month to serve a year and a half mission in Germany for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know she will be a great missionary; I've always thought so. I had such a fun time with Abby and her family.
Abby and I went kayaking- Well, we paddled for a minute and then sat there for a while. That was so fun to be out on the lake!! Another day we went to a Shaker Village where they have reenactments of what the Shaker people were like and did. It is similar to Williamsburg and was a pretty cool place. We got to see a sheep get shorn- now that doesn't happen every day in Northern Virginia! The founder of the Shakers, Ann Lee is mentioned in the Doctrine and Covenants even! Saturday I was able to go to the Louiville Temple with Abby and her family- that was a great experience! We watched a few movies together, had Pad Thai, went to Brusters Ice Cream, at at Stake and Shake, watched her two younger sisters' soccer game, walked around Keeneland (a horse race place) and mostly enjoyed each others' company. 
Abby is a great person and I miss living with her. Since she came into my life she truly has influenced it for the better. 
Here are some pictures of our few days together:






1 comment:

  1. Hi, yeah, that picture with the "Slow" sign is the funniest thing I've seen all day.

    ReplyDelete