Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snowboarding at Liberty

My family has started up a tradition, I guess, of going snowboarding/skiing ever since Javi and I got snowboards for Christmas. Travis came with us to Liberty Mountain in Pennsylvania and we had a great time. Mom likes to ski and the rest of us have taken to boarding. It was hilarious to watch Trav the first time or two down the mountain but he caught on pretty quick. On my very last run down the mountain I lost my camera. I was devastated and went back up the lift to the top and began to franticly search for it. I honestly thought I would find it sitting at the top where Javi and I had latched our boards on. It wasn't there. after some tears and filling out a "lost camera" form at the Customer Service desk and left the resort defeated. Luckly, later that night I got a message on my phone that someone had turned in my camera right after we'd left. Travis drove me all the way back up there on Sunday to get it. When we first showed up the lady could not find it in the storage room and began pressing me to see if "someone in my party had already picked it up." No, obviously nobody had and I was not going to leave there without my beloved camera. Eventually she found it and I took it home, safe and sound. I am really grateful to the kind soul who turned it in and that I get to have the pictures to match the memories of that fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment