Friday, December 19, 2008

last night at the white house

Last night my mom took Travis, my friend Cari, and I to the big ole' Christmas tree right outside the White House. There were smaller trees decorated all around it that represented each state and the US territories. Travis and Cari got to have their picture by Hawaii and Utah respectively... I just got a picture in there whenever I felt like it. We didn't go for very long and as is usual in D.C. there were a lot of people. Cari enjoyed the homeless man playing Christmas music on his keyboard. She wanted a picture with him but Travis and I kindly reminded her that she "isn't in Utah anymore." It was a fun trip- really put us in the Christmas mood seeing all the lights and trees. At one point Cari and I put on reindeer ears for a picture. Travis, of course, was humiliated by this public display of humiliation. Frankly, I have totally gotten over that. I'm into having fun pictures to look back on. He totally missed out- wouldn't humor us and wear a Santa hat. I tell ya- the nerve :) All in all it was a fun little trip, something to do to get out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment