Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas in Virginia

Pre- Christmas was pretty fun. Mom made a yummy casual dinner of sloppy joe's and macaroni and cheese. The whole family plus Travis came over to hang out with us last Sunday. We wanted to exchange a few gifts before Mom, Dad, Javi, and I went to Florida. Lindsay started a sibling gift exchange between us 4 kids a year or two ago. We rotate who we give to and get from each Christmas. It is pretty helpful considering we are all on a fairly limited budget. Mom hogging Soph. Sophia is getting so big and even cuter every day. This is one of her better pictures, in my opinion. Z says she has a problem with crying a lot lately... I don't mind. Frankly, I have not really noticed. I just think she is great. Josh was really good when Mom put the massive santa hat on the little guy. She told him he was being a helper elf and had him hand out the gifts to the various recipients. He didn't seem to mind at all. He got a maroon scarf with his name painted on it which Mom convinced him was a "Hokie Scarf." If you know anything about that family you'd know that that is the best way to get him to like anything. He's a very good little kid. My opinion might be a little bias but "I personally believe that" (this would be funny if you've seen the YouTube video of Miss South Carolina answering her question...) these two kids are the cutest ever. They might get a little competition when I have my own kids in the distant future but for now my niece and nephew are awesome. Pretty much top the charts on the adoreable scale- it might be because their mom is a babe! (!!!) It was a fun afternoon. We all came out with a gift or too and who would object to that?! These days are always too short but at least the Spiveys don't live too far away and Jae is really close too.

No comments:

Post a Comment