Friday, August 28, 2009

Bad News

Well sports fans- Everybody who knows me is very aware how much I enjoy sports. I started volleyball in 6th grade because the constant pounding on my knees from running in soccer caused a painful knee condition called Osgood Schlatters and I had to switch activities. I've been playing ever since then for my high school and on neighborhood teams. A massive draw to SVU last year was the fact that I would be able to play volleyball. Unfortunately I have been removed from the team. Apparently the coaches did not see me improving and I have poor hand eye coordination compared to the new freshmen who have "potential". Funny, last year the coaches told me I had great potential but since they never offered me pointers or critique during the season I did not improve as much as they hoped and here I am on the outside looking in. The surprising fact that coaches can be so heartless and cut a loyal returner makes me almost glad to not have to play in that enviornment. Regardless, I am very upset about it but I WILL get over it and I WILL be good at something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment