Friday, June 19, 2009

Dad's Idea

Friday night my dad had the bright idea to take us out to some Korean bbq place in Annandale that he had been wanting to try. We humored him and went along with it. It ended up tasting alright but it was a pretty wack joint. We could not converse with our waitress because she could not speak English, they brought out about 15 plates with different unrecognizable "elements" on them that we were supposed to eat with our bbq including squid, brussel sprouts, tofu, a plate of shredded onions (which my mom thought was a personal salad) and a bunch of other stuff that I can't even name. The entrees were super expensive. We each ordered one- chicken, shrimp, beef, spicy pork. Our waitress came out and actually cooked it hibachi style for us- which is the restaurant's speciality. I'm sure they thought we were fat Americans when we asked for a second helping of rice. We poked around at all the sides to make it look like we ate them and actually enjoyed the meats. I was a little disappointed by the shrimp but the others were really good. We all shared our dishes- not really by choice because the lady just dished out the stuff onto our plates- and I even had some of my dad's spicy pork. When they say spicy they mean SPICY! I really liked it though. Before our meal they gave us some "rice soup"- completly tastless muck. Afterword we got rice juice. Also tastless. Dad says we went to learn about the culture. It sure was an experience. I'll stick with Hunan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment