Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We Witnessed a Crime!!

WOW!! Abby and I try to go running on occasion in the evenings. Last night we went out in the freezing cold to jog- we are determined to look good for the Summer months. We make a big loopy circle on our route. On our last few blocks we heard a horrific noise. It was like a loud banging. As we kept jogging we saw a person, dressed in all black, standing in front of a car and swinging something toward it. It appeared to be what we thought was a man bashing a car with a bat. We did not stick around to see what the deal was- we ran as fast as we could to get away from it. Today I drove by the house and sure enough, the car you see in the pictures was completely demolished. You can't really tell how bad it actually looks in real life since I took these on my phone. All of the side and back windows were bashed in, you can see the damage to the windshield, the hood and doors were totally hacked up. The side view mirrors had been smacked off and the lights were all broken out. It was a serious mess. Really- I was completely shock that something like this would happen around here. This is normally a quite, close knit town. So, I called and told my mom about this and she suggested I alert the cops. (Travis had told me this last night too.) I didn't have a non-emergency number so I shakily called 911. Some man answered and I told him I didn't have an emergency but my friend and I witnessed the destruction to the car. I told him where and when it was (as if there had been another car smashing in BV last night) and that I didn't know too much about it. Apparently it was a girl and they caught her. I found out later- from people who live in the same apartment complex- that it was a psycho girl whose ex-boyfriend kicked her out. Isn't that way crazy?! What a loony bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment