Thursday, April 23, 2009

the mother of all surprises

Easter weekend came around and I wasn't planning on going home. I had a track meet on Saturday so I knew I couldn't make it anyway. My mom was really bummed about this. My friend, Kiley, would be home from BYU- Idaho on her spring break over that weekend and it would be way fun to surprise her along with Travis. I didn't think this would be plausable though. Well, being the tricky person I am- I rushed back to school from the track meet- left as soon as I could. Loaded my stuff and Abby into my car and started the three hour drive home. Nobody knew I was coming. We first stopped at Sports Authority, where Travis works. He was on his break so we were talking on the phone like usual. He had no idea I was standing right outside the break room while on the phone to me. He was complaining how there was nobody in the store and how bored he was. He walked out and I swear he looked like he had seen a ghost. I really got him- that kid was in a serious state of shock. It was slightly awkward because he was, well, working and we were kind of interrupting him on the job. From there I called Kiley and told her that I came home. I'm pretty sure she screamed my ear and was all excited to hear that I'd come up to see her. After all of that I could finally drive the last few miles to my own house. All of a sudden my mom called. She told me how sad she was that I didn't come home. For some reason she thought I'd just show up or something :) She told me that her and my dad were going to Giant to pick up one or two things. What a wonderful opportunity- right when Abby and I showed up at Giant my parents were walking out the other door. We rushed to the other side to wait for them to come out. I seriously scared the pants off my mom. (We have a thing about waiting around corners to freak each other out- this was the mother of all freak outs) Someone passing by must have thought she'd won the lottery or something. My mom really had no idea that we were planning to come home. It worked out perfectly since she'd just called me all sad moments before. Score- Anna 1 Mom 0 (No actually my mom has about 98765 points. She does a whole heck of a lot for me) It was nice to be home for Easter. The whole family came over Sunday morning for breakfast. Lindsay, Kris, Josh, and Sophie came to church. All in all it was a pretty fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment