Sunday, October 10, 2010

Homecoming/Parents weekend







Saturday morning my parents and Travis came down for the Homecoming game and parents' weekend. It was very nice to see them all and spend the day with them. We went to Mountain days- an annual activity on the Main street of BV with little vendors, cloggers, food and lots of southern baked goods for sale. It was neat to walk around and my mom loved seeing everyone's dogs. Afterword we went to the SVU football game vs Gillford and SVU WON!! GREAT JOB KNIGHTS!! We had dinner at Solernos- a little Italian joint that my friend Becky works at. She served us and we had lots of food. Right before my parents were about to leave and take Travis back with them we decided he should stay and go to the Homecoming dance with me. Wasn't that nice!! I hadn't been to one at SVU and since I am graduating in May this would be my last chance. We scurried around buying pants and shoes and borrowing a shirt for him to wear. It was fun for my friends and I to get ready together- just like high school times. At about 1 AM  we went to an all night diner for french toast and hot chocolate. The dance was great and the company was even better. It meant so much that Travis stayed.
Sunday we had the opportunity to go to Stake Conference where our friend from home, Alex, came as well. She lives around the mountain but came to this regional meeting. It was nice to see her. Travis and I had lunch before it was time for us to drive up to Harrisonburg and meet up with his family.
I am so glad that my parents came down and that Travis could too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment