Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween with the kids

Uh yeah..... so if you follow my life at all you know I work for the YMCA at an elementary school in Lexington. We had a Halloween party for the kids on Friday and they were all coming dressed up- so I did too. Abby lent me the pants, mathathon shirt, and glasses that she had bought for geek party she went to. Getting ready was a lot of fun and I felt completely ridiculous but it was worth it. I could hardly see with those huge glasses on and the kids couldn't tell what I was. They thought I was a teacher or something. Geez- so much for that. I got a kick out of myself and so did my housemates. I had to make a treat to bring to our party. Remind me never to spend 15 bucks on fixings for those worms in dirt treats- you know, chocolate pudding, crushed oreos, and a gummy worm in a cup- that the little kids won't even eat all of. I prepared amounts large enough for people my size. Whoops- I guess I'm not used to making food for K-4th graders. So much went in the trash I wanted to cry. Its ok, lesson learned. This outfit was totally crazy. I went to pick up Abby from the soccer game and got some pretty questioning looks as I galavanted towered her. I miss Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment