Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Family Reunion

Friday afternoon my mom and I hopped into the car to head down to the annual Via family reunion. It was right outside Blacksburg, VA this year. Frankly, I don't know too many of those people but it was cool to see (even ones I don't know) my relatives. My Aunt Cathy brought my grandma with her from Florida and picked up her son (my cousin) Joe and his 2 year old boy Chase along the way. It was nice to have them there- especially Chase- he was fun to play with. Our family is big into food. Every time we got together we had a huge meal- hey I'm not complaining- I love food. Saturday some of the family, including my mom and I. went tubing on a river. It was nice and relazing. We went two times since the current was so quick. My mom got a little crispy- for once in my life I didn't get burned. It was a nice visit- the best part was watching little Chase dance his heart out until midnight on the dance floor by the DJ. He was the life of the party. We had a good time with him in the hotel pool too. Least favorite part- the acution and me sitting around realizing that there is nobody else my age there. The auction is people dontating their junk that nobody else would want to raise money for next year's reunion. All in all- it was alright- brought out the honkey tonk in us northern folk.

1 comment: