Saturday, June 4, 2011

Trucking along

Days keep passing and I'm finding ways to keep myself busy. I'm taking a Statistics class at the community college. I'm not a math person AT ALL so it is really rough. It's half done- I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Last month my mom and I spent a long weekend in Florida with my Grandma. She has no internet or TV because she doesn't stay at her house full time so he had a hack of a time entertaining ourselves. We went to walmart more times than I ever have in a weekend. We hit up restaurants, Rita's, rented movies, and drive up and down the beach. My grandma (and mom) like to throw bread to the birds as we drive along in hopes that they will fly behind us. It wasn't too successful this time.
 Cute little grandma in the back of the convertible- we prop her up with her hat and glasses and she doesn't complain.


 There was a FROG in my grandma's shower that my Uncle Robert carried outside to set free. EEK!
Look closely. The epitome of Florida: about a hundred pink flamingos in the front yard!


My younger brother, Javi got his Eagle Scout so he had a court of honor with two of his friends who had also recently gotten their Eagle. It was a lot of work for him (and mom!) to complete and everyone is proud of him for achieving this rank! It was a nice evening. My older brother, Jae, spoke. People are still talking about how great of a talk he gave. Of course there was a shattered picture frame, crazy kids, and cake dropped on someone's foot but would it really be a church event without that??!! We are all happy for Javi!! (And thankful to Jae for taking us to Artie's afterword!) 



Some exciting news: I'm officially a Mueller! My name is changed on all my legal documents to Susanna Mueller. It's different and taking some getting used to. I have the best husband I could have ever asked for. He may be away for a time but he still makes me so happy. I am very blessed (and lucky) to have gotten to marry Travis and I am thankful for him, every day. 
He is hanging in there at OSUT at Benning. He finished Red Phase of training and is in the next phase already. He is learning a lot but they don't ever take it easy on the guys. He has lost about 20 pounds already and is getting in such good physical shape. A lot of his buddies have gotten sent home for various reasons. Trav passed his shooting assessment, made it through the gas chamber, learned how to use grenades and lots of other manly things. I'm very proud of him and know he won't be anything but successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment