Saturday, August 14, 2010

Weekend of Food

                                                       We didn't have straws....

Friday Travis drove all the way down to visit me- he arrived around 3:30 pm. It clearly hadn't been too long since we'd seen each other but we were both excited to hang out! We spent some time talking and laughing and before long we realized we were starving!! This was only the beginning. We went to Food Lion to pick up all of the materials for the dinner we would make. My mom had kindly stocked my cabinets with most things we needed but I lacked a few. We ended up making potatoes and sausage- a staple for dinner in my childhood- with sour cream or ketchup, corn and salad with cheese, tomatoes and ranch. It was so filling ad if I say so myself I'm becoming quite a little domestic engineer.
We had already planned on making cake cookies- cookies out of cake mix but you use less water and eggs so it doesn't rise, after dinner. Abby and I thought they turned out more like biscuits with icing and sprinkles but Trav thought they ended up ok. After a few we got accustomed to the dense taste. Our smoothie dessert had to wait until morning since we were stuffed. For breakfast we make strawberry/banana smoothies which turned out pretty good. Trav won't let me pour sugar in it since apparently that takes away the point of being healthy.... psshh. Oh no, thats not all, we went to Waffle House too. I thought I would be fine with one waffle and hash-browns but no, stuffed AGAIN. Travis and I have concluded that we'll eat when we're together and cut back a whole lot during the week otherwise we'll soon have trouble fitting through the doorway!! We had a great time this weekend, looked at tuxedos and wedding invitations online and spent too much time laughing. As usual, it's never fun to say goodbye but never fear, we'll see each other again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment