Sunday, July 3, 2011

What we believe

Hey everyone! So, I passed my Summer statistics course by the skin of my teeth. Honestly, I think the professor passed me out of pity, so I'd be out of my misery and not have to endure that again! I think I'll have PTSD symptoms, when I think back to that class!!
Travis is still at training and  is doing pretty well. He says it is very tough there (not to mention blazing hot) but he is getting tougher too. Today they had a 4 hour pass in the morning which was very rare and most appreciated. Poor Travis sat online for 2 hours hoping I'd log into facebook so we could chat since every last pay phone on post was in use. He is such a great guy. How did I get so lucky?
This evening there was a festival in Ft. Benning which the OSUT soldiers were allowed to attend. It sounded like it would be a good time. Travis said he remembered going as a kid and enjoyed it. A plus- there is food there!! Sadly, they don't get Independence day off and have to train right through the holiday. I guess "freedom don't come free." This 4th of July I am especially thankful for the freedoms we enjoy in this country and support our troops 100%.
Travis and I will get to see each other on his 36 hour pass next weekend and we couldn't be more thrilled!! This week I'll head to South Carolina and visit my long-time friend, Jewelz, for a couple days before meeting up with Travis. Then after the weekend I'll drive down to Florida where my family will already have started their vacation in Daytona Beach at Grandma's house. Should be a great two weeks to come- I have a lot to look forward to!
I bet by now you're wondering why the title of this post is "What we believe"... Oh, you weren't wondering? Well... anyway.
I have added a "We Believe" box to the right side of our blog. It links to profiles of members of our church, including a profile I made for myself that includes my personal beliefs. Travis and I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In fact, it is because of our church that we were married, we met when we were 14 and got to know each other through attending church activities and Sunday School. We would love for you to find out more about what we believe through that site or by contacting us. During this tough time while Travis and I are apart we find the most comfort in the Gospel and we feel to thankful for all we have been blessed with. There is nothing more we'd like than for you to share in the happiness that the true Gospel of Jesus Christ brings to us. Please, take a look!!

No comments:

Post a Comment